West Java Uduk Rice Recipe and Complementary Dishes
Currently, there are many varieties of West Java nasi uduk recipes to choose from. But of course there is only one original recipe that will not be timeless. Of course, this recipe is what you should try because it contains legendary flavors that were unique to the ancestors of the Sundan tribe in the past.
Nasi uduk is one of the typical West Javanese dishes that you can easily find. There are many typical Sundan restaurants that we currently provide for you. But there is nothing wrong if you try to make this menu in your own homes.
However, making this uduk rice requires patience. There are so many steps that you need to follow carefully to get a delicious taste of udder rice. But do not worry, because here we will discuss it in detail for you.
Nasi Uduk Is Considered a Great Dish in West Java
In fact, this uduk rice is part of the West Java tradition. Therefore, not everyone can understand this West Java nasi uduk recipe well. Only some people understand this well.
In West Java itself, usually this uduk rice is served at various sacred events such as weddings, circumcisions, home thanksgiving, opening of buildings, and so on. There are many people who are usually engaged in making this uduk rice themselves.
Of course, the portions made are also very large. But if you do it for your own consumption, the method is not so difficult. On this occasion we will discuss how to complete it along with the varieties of complementary menus that are usually served in it. Arbitrary? Check out the explanation to the end!
How to Make a Typical West Java Uduk Rice Recipe
Of course, the first thing you need to prepare to make this uduk rice is the ingredients. Also make sure that the components used are clean and hygienic. Right after the bat, here’s the explanation.
- 300 grams of rice
- Coconut milk 450 ml
- 2 young bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 2 rotten lemongrass sticks
- 2 cm cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
If you have prepared all these ingredients, we can immediately proceed to the stage of making this West Java uduk rice recipe. Apply to follow the steps below in order.
- Wash the rice well. Wash other materials to be used in the manufacturing process as well.
- Boil the coconut milk that you have already prepared. Also put bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, rotten lemongrass, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything well until it is completely evenly distributed. Continue stirring until the combination of spices and spices boils.
- Put the rice that you have washed before in the coconut milk and the boiled spices.
- Continue steaming until the rice is cooked and becomes rice.
- Once cooked, serve in an adequate bowl
To add flavor, you can sprinkle fried onion, sliced red pepper and cucumber on nasi uduk. In addition to making it look beautiful, this will increase your appetite.
This is the process of making uduk rice that you can follow . It may seem easy, but if you don’t follow the predetermined steps, usually the making of this West Java nasi uduk recipe will fail. So make sure you are careful when following the steps.
Tips yang Uduk What to Do When Making Rice
There are some tips you can do when you want to make this uduk rice recipe. First, make sure you choose quality rice. Unqualified rice usually does not soak the spice you put in it.
Not only that, but be sure to choose thick coconut milk. The choice of this thick coconut milk will make you enjoy the West Java nasi uduk recipe that you make even tastier and tastier . But if, on the contrary, you choose diluted coconut milk, then, of course, the apparent taste will not be very tasty.
The resulting aroma will also not be strong. The public can choose coconut milk squeezed from real grated coconut. Do not choose ready-made coconut milk in the store. The quality is sometimes not what you imagine. There are many coconut traders in the market who usually provide grated coconuts like this.
Complementary Menu of West Java Uduk Rice
This West Java nasi uduk recipe certainly won’t be perfect if you don’t complement it with complementary dishes . Let’s discuss how it is done one by one.
- Fried Chicken
- Chickens 1 head, cut to taste
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Coconut water 500 ml
- Bay leaf 2 pcs
- Orange petals 2 pcs
- Taste bruised Galangal
- onion 8 grains
- garlic 4 cloves
- Pecan 4 grains
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper granules
- Ginger 1 cm
- old turmeric 3 cm
- brown sugar 20 grams
- 2 teaspoons of salt
Once you have prepared these ingredients , you just have to follow the steps to make a complement to this West Java uduk rice recipe as follows:
- Wash the prepared chicken
- Puree all the spices, sauté until they emit a smell.
- Enter bay leaf, galangal, orange leaf and lemongrass. Stir until completely evenly distributed.
- Put the pre-cleaned chicken mixed with spices
- Pour coconut water, cover the pan and let the spices in it brew.
- Wait for the chicken parts to soften.
- Remove and drain.
- Heat the cooking oil, fry the collected chicken until it is the color that makes it kecok
- Strain or put over the previously cooked uduk rice.
- Kuru Tempeh Oreg
- Tempeh 1 board, sliced matches
- 1 piece of red pepper, thinly sliced
- Curly pepper 4 pcs, sliced into one piece
- 2 cm long bruised galangal
- Rotten ginger 2 cm
- Young bay leaf 1 leaf only
- Fresh orange leaves 3 pcs
- 3 tablespoons of shaved brown sugar can also be replaced with sweet soy sauce
- 5 shallots of shallots thinly sliced
- Garlic 3 cloves, thinly sliced
- Tamarind juice 1/2 sendok meal
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil to taste
- Once we have prepared all the above ingredients, we can now proceed to a cooking process that complements this West Java nasi uduk recipe. Follow the steps below.
- Fry the tempeh you sliced dry. The degree of dryness can be adjusted to individual tastes. Remove and then drain.
- Sauté the sliced onions until they emit a fragrant smell. Then put the other spices such as pepper, orange leaf, bay leaf and galangal. Pour with a small amount of water.
- After that, put tamarind juice and brown sugar as well. Finally put the salt. Cook until it boils, correct the taste.
- Put the dry fried tempeh in it. Stir until caramelized and all the spices are brewed. Remove and serve.
The combination of nasi uduk and complementary dishes will definitely make the family much more enthusiastic about eating at home. Don’t forget to serve the sambal uduk which is right for the family. To avoid mistakes, be sure to follow the steps to make this West Java nasi uduk recipe in order.